PlayWrights Collective – A Monologue Event
24 Feb 2020
‘A stage is certainly a place for learning about the brevity of human glory: oh all those wonderful glittering absolutely vanished pantomime!’
A monologue is often just a dialogue with one’s own heart. In drama, it is the vocalization of a character’s thoughts; in literature, the verbalization.
The English Literary Society SRCC presents PLAYWRIGHTS COLLECTIVE, a monologue event!
The event provides anyone who has a passion for performing with an opportunity to truly own the stage, venting out the emotions and thoughts of characters of their own choice!
Rules and guidelines for the event
1. The competition stands open for all the undergraduate and postgraduate students.
2.There will be two rounds. The first one is restricted to the following topics, of which you can choose anyone –
– Human Bonds
– What If Perception met Reality?
3. The 10 participants who qualify the first round will get to perform in the second round which has an open theme.
4. Monologues in the first round can be no longer than 1 minute and 30 secs.
And for the second round, it should not exceed 3 minutes.
5. You will be judged on the basis of your piece presentation, delivery intones, body language, etc.
6. Do-overs and use of props are permitted, though not necessary.
7. The deadline for the registration is
Partake in this exhilarating experience by registering on : https://playwrights2020.typeform.com/to/lRHhvY
The stage is set and we await you. Register soon!
For any queries, contact
Shaivi : 7367072014
Naionika : 8920511813